You’re asking: What is THE DARK SECRET? Where does Santa Claus live? Is world peace possible? And who won that tricky competition?
Read on and be enlightened…
1. Where does Santa Claus live? It’s not the North Pole. It’s not Greenland. Or Lapland. Or anywhere Scandinavian. Father Christmas – Santa – lives in Ireland. In Belfast, to be precise. (And why not? We’re very jolly.)
Oh! So you want proof? Here it is then… (Courtesy of Popbitch.)
North Pole v Northen Ireland
With only a few days to go until the postal deadlines for Christmas, here’s a little bit of international mail trivia we learned this week:
When kids post letters to Santa, if the letter just has “Santa” on it, it goes to Belfast.
If it has “Santa, Lapland” on it, it goes there.
And by the way, just as various cultures have their own Christmas traditions – Belfast has the (note the, not a) Black Santa. The Black Santa stands outside St Anne’s Cathedral in the drear chill, collecting for local charities. This year, he’ll appear next Monday 16th December.
2. What was THE DARK SECRET? It was an MRI scan of a banana. Ah, I can hear you all across the oceans kicking yourselves. Go back here and have a look. It’s obvious now, isn’t it? But unfortunately nobdy got it right. Not one of you.
3. But fortunately one of you got very close. Anthropith guessed that it might be a longitudinal CT/MRI scan of the stem of a plant? Perhaps. As it’s hallowe’en time, maybe a pumpkin plant? Well, no. It’s a banana. But very close guess and the winning entry. So I’ll be sending Anthropith a book list from which to choose reading material. He writes a lot about sweets and whisky/whiskey on his blog.
4. Is global peace possible? Ramana at the Loose Bloggers Consortium wants to know. Answer…
- Yes, because I’m optimistic.
- Yes, because some outsider will come along and we’ll unite against the visitor. (Getting a little less positive…)
- Yes, because after we flee or destroy the planet, the surviving hardworking ants will work together as usual to build a more resilient society. Of ants.
- Yes, because the planet will be a devastated wasted emptiness. (We nuked earth but didn’t manage to find alternative accomodation in time.)
- Yes, because our inherent goodness will triumph – or in other words, back to the first point.
Okay now pilgrim seekers after truth. That’s enough revelation for one post – except to say that it was written at the instigation of the Loose Bloggers Consortium. You can track down the rest of them in India, China and north America by clicking on their links - Ramana, Delirious, gaelikaa, Maxi, Padmum, Shackman and The Old Fossil.