August 24, 2012 · 12:01 am
It was pipe like this – except without the bed, the door, the electric light…
Top five oddest places I’ve slept in, on or under…
- In a pipe – at some construction site near Grenoble, France. (“Ce n’est pas un lit,” I thought to myself.) I woke and left before being hoisted up by a crane.
- Under a wardrobe (and some mattresses) – after a big night in Dublin. Took a while to be discovered and then extricated.
- At the edge of a cliff – by accident. It was dark. We had been trekking over some small mountains. We were tired. Luckily – so we didn’t walk any further forward. In the morning we discovered the tent was covered in snow. As was the land on either side. But not in front. That’s where the cliff was – and the sea.
- By petrol pumps near Karlsruhe, Germany. That’s where my last lift dropped me. I’d hitched from Poland. There was grass and undergrowth which looked more soft and inviting, but was rustling with quare fellas.* So a nap amidst the hard surfaces, flourescent lighting and idling engines seemed preferable.
- In the middle of a sentence while broadcasting live on the radio. One moment I was giving out some racing results, then next I was slurring… murmuring… silent. People checked the tuning on their radios. Then they heard snoring. How mortifying.** Continue reading →
Filed under D - Loose Bloggers Consortium
Tagged as 5 Live, 5live, BBC, bed, berth, blackwater, blackwatertown, cliff, cliff edge, dasparkhotel, dos equis, Dublin, edge, Five Live, france, gas station, germany, grenable, homeless, Isle of Man, karlsruhe, lbc, london pathway, loose bloggers consortium, Manx, mike vince, narcolepsy, odd, petrol station, pipe, quare fella, quare fellas, radio, rat, rats, rough sleeper, sleep, sleep talking, slept, superstition, the most interesting man in the world, wardrobe
April 20, 2011 · 12:06 am
First pair to appear on British television in bed together?
You may “sleep together”, but does that mean you actually have to sleep together? Continue reading →
Filed under life
Tagged as bavaria, bed, blackwater, blackwatertown, couples, destiny, eric, ernie, geometric, hohenschwangau, intimacy, jenni murray, jenny murray, lionel shriver, marie, max, maximillian, maximillian II, morecambe, orange prize, pillow, pillow talk, prussia, radio 4, sex, sleep, sleep together, sleeping, sleeping together, snore, snoring, we need to talk about kevin, wise, woman's hour, wrapping