August 23, 2010 · 8:30 pm
Just back from the Rhythm Festival.
But how to describe it?
- It’s where I go to feel young and clean shaven (compared to the rest of the crowd).
- It’s where you look at the stage and say: “I thought he was dead ages ago.”
- It’s where a blues band announces that the bass player has had a stroke, lost the power of speech except for swearing, but will sing the next number anyway. (Not good.)
- It’s a lot better than I’m making it sound so far.
- And it’s where you find out if past greats still have it… Or not. (And you meet the next wave too.)
S0 – Who has still got it? Continue reading →
Filed under Music
Tagged as 1797, Abu Dhabi, accent, amanda walther, Arlo, Arlo Guthrie, art, ban, banned, BBC, Bedford, Billy Bragg, blackwater, blackwatertown, Call Mother A Lonely Field, canadian music, Captain Sensible, charlie brooker, Clapham, dala, dualers, Eloise, festival, field, Happy Talk, Ian Rankin, Ingrid Bergman, Jackie Leven, Jim Driver, konnie huq, Lady Gaga, Lady Saga, Last Flight to Abu Dhabi, like young Irish men in English bars the song of home betrays us, Madonna, Music, music I like, mutiny, Nore, Ralph McTell, Rebus, rhythm, Rhythm Festival, saga, screenwipe, sheila carabine, si cranstoun, ska, Smugglers, Spithead, Streets of London, Stromboli, tea, The Colours, The Damned, The Men They Couldn't Hang, Tickle on the Tum, Tony Benn, tyber cranstoun, woodstock, Woody Guthrie
July 30, 2010 · 12:12 pm
Finally - the truth about pandas. All these years the Chinese have been fooling us. According to Fuxing Man they're really just dogs in disguise. Click on the pic for more.
Got a letter yesterday. Personal, important looking. But not a bill. Could it be… a book response? Too small to contain a returned manuscript. Good news? Bad news? Palpitations… Continue reading →
Filed under art, Film, life, Music, My Writing
Tagged as agent, airbase, Amazon, Andrew Wylie, apple, baby, Billy Bragg, blackwater, blackwatertown, Blonde and Wet, Bob Marley, book, boris, boris johnson, Carl East, David Sexton, Dexys Midnight Runners, dog, dogs, dye, dyed, e-books, Evening Standard, festival, Film, Geno, Geno Washington, Hull, hygienic, ibookstore, Iron Baby, Iron Man, jackal, Jackie Leven, literary agent, movie, mucky, My Writing, panda, pandas, Philip Larkin, porn, publishing, rhythm, Rhythm Festival, smut, The Men They Couldn't Hang, the truth about pandas, USAF, Wailers