Just back from the Rhythm Festival.
But how to describe it?
- It’s where I go to feel young and clean shaven (compared to the rest of the crowd).
- It’s where you look at the stage and say: “I thought he was dead ages ago.”
- It’s where a blues band announces that the bass player has had a stroke, lost the power of speech except for swearing, but will sing the next number anyway. (Not good.)
- It’s a lot better than I’m making it sound so far.
- And it’s where you find out if past greats still have it… Or not. (And you meet the next wave too.)
S0 – Who has still got it? Continue reading
Finally - the truth about pandas. All these years the Chinese have been fooling us. According to Fuxing Man they're really just dogs in disguise. Click on the pic for more.
Got a letter yesterday. Personal, important looking. But not a bill. Could it be… a book response? Too small to contain a returned manuscript. Good news? Bad news? Palpitations… Continue reading
People queuing for Jonathan Ross
Just another day at the office, pictured by a colleague. Are they e United Against Facism protestors, cross about the BNP’s Nick Griffin appearing on Question Time. Or the queue for Jonathan Ross? Or Harry Hill?A TV Centre tour? Or the bus queue. Hard to tell.
But all the fuss of the day reminded me of The Man They Couldn’t Hang and their song “The Ghosts of Cable Street”.
Or this version if you want to see the band.
Filed under life, politics